ENDCUP Learning Outcomes
- Understand the impact of Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes mellitus on health.
- Understand the altered physiological response in Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes mellitus and be able to evaluate how this is affected by risk factors and therapies.
- Understand and appreciate the roles of other professionals in the care of diabetes mellitus.
- Be able to demonstrate by the use of clinical examples how diabetes mellitus affects the individual’s psychological, physical and social well being.
- Be able to demonstrate skills involved in the effective communication of information by written, oral and visual means and with the use of appropriate teaching aids.
- Be able to be critical when appraising current research and to relate findings to practice in order to improve care.
- Be able to facilitate development of FEND accredited courses to train nurses to be specialists in their own country.
- Be able to facilitate development of diabetes care systems.
- Be able to generate a network of diabetes specialist nurses in Europe.